Chinese: Gui Zhi Jia Shao Yao Tang
English: Cinnamon Twig Decoction plus Peony
Tongue: thin white fur
Indications: This herbal formula has been used for patients with following health conditions and symptoms:
- Abdominal bloating and pain
There are many other health conditions that may respond well to this herbal formula, in particular patients exhibiting indicative traditional diagnostic signs and symptoms.
Herbs in This Formula
- Shakuyaku (Paeoniae Radix) 6g
- Taiso (Jujubae Fructus) 4g
- Keihi (Cinnamomi Cortex), 4g
- Kanzo (Glycyrrhizae Radix) 2g
- Shokyo (Zingiberis Rhizoma) 4g
Note: Suggested dosages of each herb in Kampo formulas are often smaller than those of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Individual dosages of herbs may be adjusted depending on each patient’s condition, constitutional patterns, quality of the herbs, and other factors involved.